Thursday, August 6, 2009

E-6

Wow, that was a long absence! First it was too hot, then I ran out of freezer paper.
But I'm b-a-a-c-k!

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number, and cut out as in the photo.
Important! You have to mirror this diagram.

Foundation piece the numbered sections and trim the seam allowances to 1/4".

Out of main block fabric, cut two rectangles 1.25” x 2”.
Out of background fabric, cut a 3.25” square and cut it in half on the diagonal, resulting in two triangles.
Referring to the block diagram, lay out all the block sections on the table. Trust me, this is important to ensure that you put this one together correctly.

Sew the two small pieced sections together. Sew on the main fabric rectangles.

Attach the pieced end sections.

Finally sew on the two large triangles and applique the small squares into position.
E-6

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt piece is so beautiful. My mom gave me one of her great sewing machines. One of my goals over the next 2 years is to make my first quilt! What a lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! This is another block that I've never noticed before... it is fabulous! That's one great thing about this project-- it's just full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete